Week 1 Gateways into MovementPractice in your own space guided by Areeradhana | Let's begin with the following 3 steps. Enjoy!
1. Setting Intention & Inquiry
- To increase your body awareness
- To move toward positive thinking and free movement expression
- To develop ease and lightness
- To release stress and strengthen your body
Write in your DANCEmandala Practice Journal.
- How do you feel about your body?
- Your intention for this dance
- Feel free to share your inquiry with me (optional). Use the message form in the next section if you wish.
2. Learn about Practice's Tips
- Create and prepare your personal space.
- Rest for a few minute lying down on the floor, on a yoga mat if you have one.
- Do a few simple stretches to warm up. Fold the mat away when you are ready to move.
- Take long deep breath and be in silence for a couple of minutes with your eyes closed before starting the guided meditation.
- Continue the guided meditation until the end with out ‘rewinding’ or ‘forwarding’.
- However you find the music and the guidance, whether you like or dislike it, keep moving and breathing well.
- I suggest that you keep following movement that feel good and right for your body.
- Be with the your experience and emotion moment to moment.
3. Reflection & Journaling
After the dance, please write in your journal :
- any insights arisen during the practice.
- question or answer that may have come to you while you were dancing.
- reflection on the overall experience of the dance for your record and for later contemplation.
- reflection on your intention that you set before the meditation.
- points of practice that you can take into your daily life.
- It is up to you how much attention and energy you put into learning from your movement practice.
Gateways in Movement
Areeradh K Tri-siddha
Founder, Director and Teacher
Greeting and Welcome to the DANCEmandala School of Movement Meditation!
Thank you for visiting and I hope you enjoy looking around our virtual home. The DANCEmandala’s physical location is in Chiang Mai, the beautiful city of Northern Thailand where I offer the facilitator training program and retreats. If you are interested in immersing in movement practice including yoga and meditation and or looking for a change, an opportunity to experience different part of the world, explore life deeper and connect with like-hearted people then DANCEmandala training program is for you.
I also offer self-discovery and creative movement medicine online coaching. For more information do not hesitated to contact me with any questions.
with Love and Light